So if we asked you, “what’s a decent indicator of success for a music video”, would a fair answer be “around 5 million views in 2 months”? You’d probably agree. That’s the reality of the Skeletun music video, which was uploaded to Tekno’s VEVO Youtube channel about two months ago from the time of writing.
But a challenger appears: this new video isn’t at 5 million just yet. But it HAS gained almost 1 and a half million views in just two weeks! That incredible growth rate may indicate a new video to look to when one mentions “success”!
And with the single on Spotify already enjoying tens of thousands of plays, that’s also proving to be something Tekno should be proud of!
Blaisebeatz should also be proud, as Tekno’s producer, as should the video’s director, TG Omori. The view growth rate on that video indicates it’ll skyrocket past even Skeletun soon enough, all going well! Fingers crossed that millions and millions are on the horizon… but with Tekno’s creative talent behind the wheel, surely we can expect big things of various kinds, millions in weeks or not! After all, it’s Tekno we’re talking about…
Kelechukwu Augustine, aka Tekno, aka The Golden Boy Of Africa has made a pretty big splash, not that he wasn’t big in the African music scene already, and we’re very glad to be working with such an artist. It helps make the music industry that more vibrant and lively, after all! Tekno has won and been nominated for multiple awards, and for good reason.
- At the 2014 Nigeria Entertainment Awards, he was nominated for “Best New Act Of The Year”
- At the 2015 9th Nigeria Music Video Awards, “Duro” won the award for “Best Pop Extra Video”
- At the 2016 Nigeria Entertainment Awards, “Duro” was nominated for “Hottest Single” and “Best Music Video Of The Year”, and Tekno was nominated for “Afropop Artist of the Year”
- At the 2016 MTV Africa Music Awards, Tekno won the award for “Best Newe Act”
- At the 2016 WatsUp TV Africa Music Video Awards, “Pana” was nominated for “African Video of the Year”, “Best African Male Video”, “Best West African Video”, and “Best Afro Pop Video”
- At the 2017 BET Awards, Tekno was nominated for “Best International Act Africa”
He was also one of the masterminds behind Beyoncé’s “The Lion King: The Gift” album, a tie-in with the recent Disney remake! So as you can see, the clout he brings to the table in his music isn’t just for show, and he has what it takes to back it up! Tekno featuring on Beyoncé’s amazing album is just the tip of the iceberg, and to find out more about the Golden Boy Of Africa, more info is but a click away…