The mermaid DJ, aka Tigerlily, is stoked to announce that she’ll be returning to the grand stage for Pacha at one of Sydney’s iconic nightclubs, the Ivy.
DJ Tigerlily is to return this May to get the crowd fired up for an awesome night at Pacha Sydney, at the Ivy, voted Sydney’s best night club in 2013.
Keep Saturday the 24th of May free to see her live on the decks alongside other acts from Pat Ward to Mo’Funk, Glover, Mike Hyper and extras. First release tickets start at $30.00 so get them as soon as you can before they sell out!
For more information and other lined up acts visit the Pacha Sydney Website!
Starting his DJ/producer career on a very random note, VonStroke has truly brought some great music to the Australian clubbing scene that we all have come to respect and love!
Even if his stage name came in to life through some odd ball, happen-stance joke after agreeing to play a birthday that introduced him as such, there is no doubt in the talent Barclay Crenshaw (real name) exudes on stage and in his tracks.
So if your looking for a set that’s going to give you some kicking “ghetto-booty bass, drum ‘n’ bass and hip-hop that were crafted into house tracks” then the Ivy is the place to be. Plus our bass master will also be bringing along with him some extra hands from his record label who will be helping to bring a bit of extra flavour to your party day.
Well, here’s a quick guide to a few hot spots around town for all music flavours and interests:
Indie Lovers: Sydney’s got some venues well up to the task to satisfy all your indie music needs.
- FBi Social, spin-off venue to local community station FBi Radio, gets its fair amount of amazing local and international artists on to its stages.
- The Exchange is made up of joint venues, Q Bar, Spectrum and Phoenix, all of which bring to you a variety of indie bands, hip hop and techno till beyond dawn.
- Club 77, your club of choice for a very messy night! This venue brings Goth metal, dubstep, rave and filthy electro you, can’t be expecting to leave Clubb 77 unscathed!
House and Electro Lovers: To all you ravers out there, here’s a few venues that will keep you up past 6am
- One22, located in a little hideaway on Pitt Street, is a jewel of solid house and techno beats blasting over an insane sound system.
- Spice Cellar, the home of legendary Sydney day club Spice, is a little classier than One22 but filled with the same filthy techno beats to satisfy any raver; Plus it’s a prefect midway point for any club and bar hopper.
- Not too far away form Spice Cellar is Civic Underground, set up with a crazy sound system it has been home to the likes of Kyle Hall and Rick Wade, Space Dimension Controller and Vladislav delay.
Mainstream Crowd Pleasers: These venues speak for themselves in what they have in store for you.
- The Marquee, found in Sydney Casino, The Star, this Las Vegas style venue brings in some major international acts through its doors. With it’s massive sound system and crazy set up its no wonder Djs such as Avicii and Calvin Harris have graced its stage. Be warned though, this place is expensive!! Entry alone averages $40, drinks at about $10 minimum and if your looking to book a table well you could probably travel Europe twice with what you need to drop.
- The Ivy is a little more affordable to an average person like us. With a number of different rooms to satisfy each electro, dance, mainstream taste, The Ivy boasts a high reputation for a good night out; just keep in mind dress code…they are VERY strict and if you can get yourself on a guest list your chances of finding your way inside will definitely double!
R’N’B and Hip Hop Lovers: There’s quite a few local gems in Sydney that give you great R’N’B and Hip Hop acts
- The Metro Theatre is the main venue of choice for major Hip Hop touring acts in Sydney with Kendrick Lamar cruising its stages during the summer.
- Goodgod is another decent location found amongst Sydney’s night life.
- Spanish Restaurants around Sydney also tend to book some decent live acts of Hip-Hop and R’N’B just be sure to check out their events pages online for specifics.
- Phoenix at Exchange also hosts monthly R’nB and Hip Hop nights
Dubstep, Trap and D’N’B lovers: If your looking for more bass in your nights there’s a few choice places you can head to.
- Chinese Laundry, don’t worry the name is not what you think! This venue is one of Sydney’s biggest and most rspected clubs. With an amazing reputation for great music and an even better night Chinese Laundry tends to be every clubbers starting point, attracting legendary internationals and local labels.