Psy and Girls’ Generation have made it onto the nominees list among other global superstars for the first ever ‘YouTube Music Awards’!
Have you guys heard of Gayo Daejun?
If not, let me introduce you all to this annual phenomenon that is taking over Asia and now even the rest of the world.
What is Gayo Daejun? – Gayo (가요) means “song/music” and DaeJun (대전) means “war” but in this case, war means like a contest between all the artists/groups
Gayo Daejun is a major annual end-of-the-year music program which brings the years top hits in Asia together!
There are three days of partying provided by three major stations in Korea:
- SBS – Seoul Broadcasting System broadcasts theirs on 29 December
- KBS – KBS Gayo Daechukje (commonly called KBS Gayo Daejun) – broadcasts theirs on 30 December
- MBC – MBC Gayo Daejejeon, also spelt Gayo Daejejun (and commonly called MBC Gayo Daejun) – broadcasts theirs on 31 December
Check out SBS’s performances:
- SBS Gayo Daejun 2012 performances Part 1
- SBS Gayo Daejun 2012 performances Part 2
- SBS Gayo Daejun 2012 performances Part 3
- SBS Gayo Daejun 2012 performances “Colour of K-pop” special stage
Can’t wait for the 2013 lineup!