Spotify reveals the most influential couples in music history, based on analysing the total combined streams for each artist.
Rihanna and Drake have been crowned the world’s most popular couple, with Rihanna also holding second spot following on from her ill-fated relationship with Chris Brown.
Fresh from announcing their joint tour, the powerhouse that are Jay Z and Beyonce take third place. Ahead of the biggest wedding in hip hop history, Kanye West and Kim Kardashian (who unknown to many has had over 200,000 streams with her single, Jam (Turn It Up) also feature in eighth place on the hot list, ahead of Kanye’s label mate Rita Ora, who has grabbed tenth slot with EDM beau, Calvin Harris.
The ‘conscious uncoupling’, Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin, take eleventh place.
A big number of the couples in this list were lovers, like J-Lo and Mark (#18) or Britney and Federline (#16), so it’s going to be very uncommon to see them work together again, for obvious reasons… but who knows?!
Spotify Top Twenty Power Couples:
1. Rihanna and Drake
2. Rihanna and Chris Brown
3. Jay Z and Beyonce
4. Katy Perry and John Mayer
5. Harry Styles and Taylor Swift
6. Ellie Goulding and Skrillex
7. Kanye West and Kim Kardashian
8. Taylor Swift and John Mayer
9. Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber
10. Rita Ora and Calvin Harris
11. Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin
12. Zayn Malik and Perrie Edwards
13. Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake
14. Usher and Chili (TLC)
15. Avril Lavigne and Chad Kroeger
16. Britney Spears and Kevin Federline
17. Michael Jackson and Lisa Marie Presley
18. Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony
19. Avril Lavigne and Deryck Whibley (Sum 41)
20. Demi Lovato and Joe Jo
Which is your favorite couple? Let us know in the comments below!
Via Source musicnews.com